I know a lot of people who are around my age group, which means have tight budgets! With that being said, here is a recipe for you to make not only a delicious burger, but also one very pocket friendly. This recipe was about $7 (compared to veggie burger 4 pks which are $6.48). Using this recipe is the better option for your pockets, tastier, and can last you longer than 4 servings if you’re not a big eater like me. I make 1 burger per kabob. It may total 3 burgers BUT these will suppress your hunger way longer. Even better if you use kale as your lettuce and add more condiments. I kept mine simple with mayonnaise and Cuban mustard. You will enjoy this I PROMISE whether you are vegetarian or not. Also, you can change up the vegetables and choose your own individually.
- 1 pack of assorted vegetable kabobs (will provide picture below) $5.98
- 1 jalapeño if you want spice
- Hamburger buns
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Remove vegetables from kabob stick and place vegetables in a bowl (sit jalapeño and mushrooms to the side)
- Add a light coat of olive oil
- Add salt
- Add pepper
- Mix with hand/spoon
- Place on baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes (more if you want less crunch in vegetables)
- Sauté jalapeños and mushrooms while other vegetables roast
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes
- Make your burger and enjoy!